To configure the Cocoon Cam to your WiFi, please first check to make sure you have the following settings:
- 2.4 GHz
- No apostrophe (') or ampersam (&) in the WiFi name
- WPA2 security
* Please see all network requirements here. You can configure the wifi during initial setup using sonic wave, or ethernet for the setup.
Steps to Configure WiFi:
Please follow the following instructions carefully to setup WiFi on the camera.
- Connect the Cocoon Cam to your power outlet using the power cord included. Please don't use any other cord since the power supply has been designed specifically to meet the camera hardware.
- Next, connect the Cocoon Cam to your home router using the ethernet cord provided. You will have to connect the Cocoon Cam to the LAN ports on most of the routers. Don't worry, you'll be able to use the Cocoon Cam wirelessly after the setup process is complete.
*Note: If you don't have physical access to the router, please follow these instructions to configure the camera using the Sonic Wave. Please note that the ethernet option is most reliable way to configure WiFi on your Cocoon Cam. The Sonic Wave method is not recommended and should only be used as the last option.
- Once the Cocoon Cam is connected to the router, the middle light (with the Ethernet symbol) will start flashing continuously indicating that the camera is successfully connected to Ethernet. If you don't see the middle Ethernet light flashing, please use a different ethernet port.
- If your phone is on the same network, you should see the camera pop up on the next radar screen. If you don't see the camera show up in this screen, you can choose to enter the camera Device ID (DID) manually following the yellow link.
- Next, you will be prompted to enter your baby's details including name, gender and date of birth. Knowing your baby's age is essential for us to personalize the correct breathing and sleep monitoring correctly for your baby.
- You will now be taken to the LIVE screen, where you will see a pop up where you will be given the option to setup WiFi on your Cocoon Cam. Following the instructions on the app, you can see the list of available WiFi networks, then select your home Wi-Fi network, and enter the password. You will hear two beeps from the camera once the Wi-Fi network setup is complete. Please don't disconnect the ethernet cord from the camera till you hear the the wifi settings updated from the camera.
- You can unplug the camera from the router once the Wi-Fi setup process is complete.
We're Here To Help!
If you have any questions or need help with your Cocoon Cam setup, please reach out to us via email at email@example.com or text us directly at 1-800-265-0245.