If this is your first time setting up the camera please visit our setup FAQ here: Setup Questions
Reasons why the camera can go offline:
- power outage
- home network issues
- heaters or high powered devices in the same outlet causing power surges
- camera connection
Steps to bring camera back online
- Fresh power cycle
- Unplug camera from power source for 30 seconds, replug
- Check your 2.4g home network speed
- To take a speed test, simply connect your phone to the 2.4g network.
- Next, google "internet speed test"
- Tap start when you've placed the phone near the mounted camera.
- Check to make sure the Cocoon Cam is only plugged into an outlet with other low power devices.
If none of these steps work, schedule a call with us here, and we'll check to make sure it's not a hardware issue!