This article will guide you through the Cocoon Cam hardware and app setup process.
Proper installation of your Cocoon Cam system is necessary in order for you to receive the most accurate breathing monitoring readings. Please follow the installation instructions carefully. In just a few quick steps you'll be all set up to start monitoring your baby's breathing with your new Cocoon Cam system!
You can also download the latest Cocoon Cam User Guide here.
Please make sure that you have the following before we start the setup process:
1. Cocoon Cam with Wall Mount
2. Cocoon Cam Power Cord (Please don't use other power cords)
3. Ethernet Cord
4. Physical Access to your Router
5. Your WiFi Username and Password
Cord Cover Kit - https://cocooncam.com/products/cord-cover-kit
1: Download the App
If you have Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, download our iOS App here.
If you have Google Pixel, Samsung or any Android device, download our Android App here.
Currently, Cocoon Cam App is only available within the United States. Please reach out to us at CocoonCam.com/ContactUs if your device is not supported or if you are trying to use Cocoon Cam outside the United States.
2: Register for an Account
After you have the app, "Register" for a new Cocoon Cam account and follow the instructions in the app. You will be asked to enter your information including your name, phone number, email address and create a password.
3: Getting Connected to WiFi
Please follow the following instructions carefully to setup WiFi on the camera.
- Connect the Cocoon Cam to your power outlet using the power cord included. Please don't use any other cord since the power supply has been designed specifically to meet the camera hardware.
- Next, connect the Cocoon Cam to your home router using the ethernet cord provided*. You will have to connect the Cocoon Cam to the LAN ports on most of the routers. Don't worry, you'll be able to use the Cocoon Cam wirelessly after the setup process is complete.
*If you don't have physical access to the router, please follow the instructions to configure the camera using the Sonic Wave. Please note that the ethernet option is most reliable way to configure WiFi on your Cocoon Cam. The Sonic Wave method not recommended and should only be used as the last option.
- Once the Cocoon Cam is connected to the router, the middle light (with the Ethernet symbol) will start flashing continuously indicating that the camera is successfully connected to Ethernet. If you don't see the middle Ethernet light flashing, please use a different ethernet port.
- If your phone is on the same network, you should see the camera pop up on the next radar screen. If you don't see the camera show up in this screen, you can choose to enter the camera Device ID (DID) manually following the yellow link.
- Next, you will be prompted to enter your baby's details including name, gender and date of birth. Knowing your baby's age is essential for us to personalize the correct breathing and sleep monitoring correctly for your baby.
- You will now be taken to the LIVE screen, where you will see a pop up where you will be given the option to setup WiFi on your Cocoon Cam. Following the instructions on the app, you can see the list of available WiFi networks, then select your home Wi-Fi network, and enter the password. You will hear two beeps from the camera once the Wi-Fi network setup is complete. Please don't disconnect the ethernet cord from the camera till you hear the two beeps from the camera.
- You can unplug the camera from the router once the Wi-Fi setup process is complete.
4: Mounting Your Cocoon Cam
Cocoon Cam should be mounted to your wall correctly in order to receive accurate alerts and properly monitor breathing and sleep.
- Please use the included screws and drywall anchors to mount the Cocoon Cam.
- Cocoon Cam needs to be mounted 3 Feet above the baby's mattress and the camera needs to be centered above the long side of the crib.
- Position the camera to only see the mattress and the baby.
- Please remove any moving objects including mobiles or spinning toys completely out of the camera's field of view since they will interfere with the breathing monitoring.
- If your video picture is out of focus, use the black ring on the front of the camera to adjust the focus.
If you are having trouble with meeting the above requirements due to your nursery setup, the following accessory might help:
FlexxiCam Universal Mount: https://www.amazon.com/FlexxiCam-Universal-Camera-Infant-Monitor/dp/B075JZW78F
We're Here To Help!
If you have any questions or need help with your Cocoon Cam setup, please reach out to us at CocoonCam.com/ContactUs or text us directly at 1800-265-0245.