*Note: Most common breathing detection issues happen because of an incorrect physical setup.
Please check to make sure your setup follows these guidelines:
- Camera has a bird's eye view over the crib
- Mounted on long side of crib and NOT on a shelf
- Camera has clear view of ONLY the crib/sleeping area
- NO crib mobiles in view
- NO moving decorations or lights in view
- NO sunlight in view
- NO other people in view
- NO flashing lights (from TV or computer) in view
- Correct mounting height
- 3ft from the baby (especially babies under 1yr)
- Camera image is focused
- Please use the black ring that is in front of the camera to focus and get a sharp image of your crib.
My Baby is asleep but the app keeps saying "Breathing Monitoring will resume once baby is in restful sleep."
This can happen for a few reasons:
- The setup has moving objects in view (besides the baby)
- Baby is wiggling, or making small movements the AI is detecting
- The baby must be still for at least 15 seconds for breathing detection to work properly
- You can enable Vision Mode during this time to see where movement is being detected
We're Here To Help!
If you have any questions or need help with your Cocoon Cam setup, please reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or text us directly at 1-800-265-0245.