Cocoon Cam should be mounted to your wall correctly in order to receive accurate alerts and properly monitor breathing and sleep. Mounting Instructions-
- Please use the included screws and drywall anchors to mount the Cocoon Cam.
- Cocoon Cam needs to be mounted 3 Feet above the baby's mattress and the camera needs to be centered above the long side of the crib.
- Position the camera to only see the mattress and the baby.
- Please remove any moving objects including mobiles or spinning toys completely out of the camera's field of view since they will interfere with the breathing monitoring.
- If your video picture is out of focus, use the black ring on the front of the camera to adjust the focus.
FAQ 1 : The camera does not cover the whole mattress properly at 3 feet height from the mattress. Can I mount the Cocoon Cam higher?
For newborns we do recommend that the camera about 3ft from mattress. During this age, usually the mattress is in the highest position in the crib but also the baby does not move around a lot. So as long as the baby is placed in cameras field of view, it should work just fine.
When they get older and start moving around, parents usually lower the height of the mattress. When you lower the mattress, the camera can actually now can cover the whole mattress in the same position. And you dont have to move the camera once mounted. For 2 year old babies, the camera can work up to 5 feet away from the baby.
FAQ 2 : We are not able to mount the camera to the wall in our nursery. How can we meet the above requirements?
If you are having trouble with meeting the above requirements due to your nursery setup, the following accessory might help:
- Universal Baby Monitor Mount: https://www.amazon.com/FlexxiCam-Universal-Camera-Infant-Monitor/dp/B075JZW78F