Cocoon Cam should be securely mounted to your wall correctly in order to receive accurate alerts and properly monitor breathing and sleep. Please follow the instructions below:
- Please use the included screws and drywall anchors to mount the Cocoon Cam.
- Cocoon Cam needs to be mounted 3 feet above the baby's mattress and the camera needs to be centered above the long side of the crib. *See figure below.
- Baby should take up at least 50% of the image
- Position the camera to only see the mattress and the baby.
- Please remove any moving objects including mobiles or spinning toys completely out of the camera's field of view since they will interfere with the breathing monitoring.
- If your video picture is out of focus, use the black ring on the front of the camera to adjust the focus.
- Camera must be stationary, mounted to a solid, vibration-free base (i.e., no flexible arm-type mounts, tripods however are fine).
- Point the camera so only the mattress region of the crib region is visible, avoid crib rails as much as possible
- No mobiles in camera view, ever! Mobiles interfere with Cocoon Cam’s artificial intelligence algorithms. Moving a mobile “out of the way” when a baby is in the crib, then replacing it later is not sufficient and will still cause interference effects. The Cocoon Cam’s view must be 100% free of mobiles at all times.
- No varying light source in the room such as light-up toys, nightlights, etc.
- Camera should be connected to a single power outlet (i.e no sharing of power with other devices using a splitter).
We're Here To Help!
If you have any questions or need help with your Cocoon Cam setup, please reach out to us via email at email@example.com or text us directly at 1-800-265-0245.